The alleged gunman captured alive during last year’s Mumbai terror attacks told an Indian court Wednesday that he was ready to face execution. But prosecutors who are trying Mohammed Ajmal Kasab on 86 charges — including waging war against India — said they will hold off on recommending a sentence because Kasab has yet to disclose more. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said Kasab had downplayed his alleged role in the Mumbai attacks to a minimum
The lone surviving gunman captured during last year’s terrorist assault on Mumbai confessed his involvement in the attacks in court Monday. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab is one of 10 Pakistani nationals who police said unleashed terror on India’s financial capital for four days and three nights in November
The Somali militants who kidnapped two French advisers plan to try the pair as soon as possible, a Somali journalist told CNN on Saturday. A spokesman from Al Shebaab — the al Qaeda-linked group leading an Islamist insurgency in Somalia — told the journalist the advisers were acting against Islam, will be tried under sharia, or Islamic, law, and then be punished accordingly.
The lone surviving suspect from last year’s Mumbai terror strikes Wednesday inadvertently admitted he is 21 years old, contradicting his earlier assertion that he was a juvenile, attorneys said. The admission means Mohammed Ajmal Kasab can now face trial on charges including waging war against India, murder and attempted murder.