The lone surviving suspect from last year’s Mumbai terror strikes Wednesday inadvertently admitted he is 21 years old, contradicting his earlier assertion that he was a juvenile, attorneys said. The admission means Mohammed Ajmal Kasab can now face trial on charges including waging war against India, murder and attempted murder.
Medical tests show that the lone surviving suspect in last year’s Mumbai terrorist attacks is not a juvenile, so should be tried as an adult, prosecutors said Tuesday. A panel of four doctors carried out dental and bone tests to determine Mohammed Ajmal Kasab’s age, as ordered by the judge, and determined that he is older than 20, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told reporters. The prosecution also presented two witnesses to support its claims that Kasab is not a juvenile, as he claimed