An Indian judge Friday allowed prosecutors to summon five foreigners, including FBI agents, to testify in connection with the Mumbai terror trial. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN that the identities of the witnesses would not be disclosed. Prosecutors have argued that they need time to examine more witnesses despite confession of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the alleged gunman captured alive from last year’s Mumbai’s terror assaults.
The alleged gunman captured alive during last year’s Mumbai terror attacks told an Indian court Wednesday that he was ready to face execution. But prosecutors who are trying Mohammed Ajmal Kasab on 86 charges — including waging war against India — said they will hold off on recommending a sentence because Kasab has yet to disclose more. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said Kasab had downplayed his alleged role in the Mumbai attacks to a minimum
The lone surviving gunman captured during last year’s terrorist assault on Mumbai confessed his involvement in the attacks in court Monday. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab is one of 10 Pakistani nationals who police said unleashed terror on India’s financial capital for four days and three nights in November
The lone surviving suspect from last year’s Mumbai terror strikes Wednesday inadvertently admitted he is 21 years old, contradicting his earlier assertion that he was a juvenile, attorneys said. The admission means Mohammed Ajmal Kasab can now face trial on charges including waging war against India, murder and attempted murder.
Medical tests show that the lone surviving suspect in last year’s Mumbai terrorist attacks is not a juvenile, so should be tried as an adult, prosecutors said Tuesday. A panel of four doctors carried out dental and bone tests to determine Mohammed Ajmal Kasab’s age, as ordered by the judge, and determined that he is older than 20, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told reporters. The prosecution also presented two witnesses to support its claims that Kasab is not a juvenile, as he claimed
An Indian court — trying the lone surviving suspect in last year’s Mumbai terrorist attacks — Friday ordered an inquiry into his age, prompted by his claim that he is a juvenile. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab will undergo dental and bone tests, defense attorney Abbas Kazmi told CNN.
The lawyer for the main suspect in last year’s deadly terrorist attack in Mumbai has been removed, delaying the high-profile trial that was to begin Wednesday. It was unclear when court proceedings would resume for Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21. He is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the three-day siege, which killed more than 160 people in November.
The main suspect captured alive from last year’s deadly terror attacks in India’s financial capital goes on trial Wednesday, nearly five months after the siege killed more than 160 people in Mumbai. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21, is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the late-November, three-day siege, which targeted victims at hotels, hospitals and railway stations in Mumbai — formerly known as Bombay.
A Pakistani man using "colonel" as a title is one of about three dozen people wanted over November’s terrorist attacks in Mumbai, but his connections with the Pakistani army have not been established, Indian prosecutors say. “This is all a matter of investigation,” special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN Thursday when asked if India thought he had links to the Pakistani army. Neither is it clear whether the “colonel” belonged to the Pakistan-based militant outfit Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, which is blamed for the Mumbai siege, Nikam said