After months of delays the trial of the lone surviving suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks finally got underway Friday. Mohammad Ajmal Kasab is charged with 12 criminal counts including murder, attempted murder, and waging war against India
The main suspect captured alive in last year’s Mumbai terror attacks declared Monday that he is a Pakistani national, prosecutors said. The Indian government has long said that the three-day siege in November was carried out by Lakshar-e-Tayyiba, a Pakistan-based outfit
An Indian court Monday rejected a plea by the alleged Mumbai attacker who asked for an Urdu translation of the 11,000-page document detailing the charges against him, public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN. The court turned down Mohammad Ajmal Kasab’s request after the prosecution argued that the court was not legally obligated to translate the charge sheet into the language of an accused person, Nikam said. Kasab, 21, is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the siege on Mumbai in late November, which left more than 160 people dead.