An Indian judge Friday allowed prosecutors to summon five foreigners, including FBI agents, to testify in connection with the Mumbai terror trial. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN that the identities of the witnesses would not be disclosed. Prosecutors have argued that they need time to examine more witnesses despite confession of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the alleged gunman captured alive from last year’s Mumbai’s terror assaults.
The lone surviving gunman captured during last year’s terrorist assault on Mumbai confessed his involvement in the attacks in court Monday. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab is one of 10 Pakistani nationals who police said unleashed terror on India’s financial capital for four days and three nights in November
The lone surviving suspect from last year’s Mumbai terror strikes Wednesday inadvertently admitted he is 21 years old, contradicting his earlier assertion that he was a juvenile, attorneys said. The admission means Mohammed Ajmal Kasab can now face trial on charges including waging war against India, murder and attempted murder.
Medical tests show that the lone surviving suspect in last year’s Mumbai terrorist attacks is not a juvenile, so should be tried as an adult, prosecutors said Tuesday. A panel of four doctors carried out dental and bone tests to determine Mohammed Ajmal Kasab’s age, as ordered by the judge, and determined that he is older than 20, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told reporters. The prosecution also presented two witnesses to support its claims that Kasab is not a juvenile, as he claimed
The bodies of the nine suspected Pakistani terrorists — all believed to have been involved in the attacks on Mumbai — are still lying in a hospital morgue almost five months after the attacks occurred.
After months of delays the trial of the lone surviving suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks finally got underway Friday. Mohammad Ajmal Kasab is charged with 12 criminal counts including murder, attempted murder, and waging war against India
The main suspect in last year’s deadly terrorist attack in Mumbai has received a replacement lawyer, which will allow his high-profile trial to resume, authorities said Thursday. The trial of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21, halted Wednesday after a judged declared that his attorney had a conflict of interest. Court officials scrambled to find a replacement lawyer and were able to replace Kasab’s lawyer Thursday
Indian attorney Anjali Waghmare says she has faced protests, threats and her home has been attacked because she has agreed to represent the lone surviving suspect of the Mumbai terror attacks. Waghmare was appointed by a Mumbai court to represent Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, who told the court he can not afford to pay for a lawyer
An Indian court Monday rejected a plea by the alleged Mumbai attacker who asked for an Urdu translation of the 11,000-page document detailing the charges against him, public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN. The court turned down Mohammad Ajmal Kasab’s request after the prosecution argued that the court was not legally obligated to translate the charge sheet into the language of an accused person, Nikam said. Kasab, 21, is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the siege on Mumbai in late November, which left more than 160 people dead.
Ancient footprints discovered in northern Kenya are believed to be the oldest sign that early humans had feet like ours. CNN has been unable to authenticate the video, which lasts for less than 20 seconds, but CNN’s sister network CNN-IBN said it received the video from police