After months of delays the trial of the lone surviving suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks finally got underway Friday. Mohammad Ajmal Kasab is charged with 12 criminal counts including murder, attempted murder, and waging war against India
The main suspect in last year’s deadly terrorist attack in Mumbai has received a replacement lawyer, which will allow his high-profile trial to resume, authorities said Thursday. The trial of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21, halted Wednesday after a judged declared that his attorney had a conflict of interest. Court officials scrambled to find a replacement lawyer and were able to replace Kasab’s lawyer Thursday
The lawyer for the main suspect in last year’s deadly terrorist attack in Mumbai has been removed, delaying the high-profile trial that was to begin Wednesday. It was unclear when court proceedings would resume for Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21. He is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the three-day siege, which killed more than 160 people in November.
The main suspect captured alive from last year’s deadly terror attacks in India’s financial capital goes on trial Wednesday, nearly five months after the siege killed more than 160 people in Mumbai. Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, 21, is accused of being the only one of 10 gunmen to survive the late-November, three-day siege, which targeted victims at hotels, hospitals and railway stations in Mumbai — formerly known as Bombay.
Indian attorney Anjali Waghmare says she has faced protests, threats and her home has been attacked because she has agreed to represent the lone surviving suspect of the Mumbai terror attacks. Waghmare was appointed by a Mumbai court to represent Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, who told the court he can not afford to pay for a lawyer