A Cirque de Soleil acrobat who plunged 15 metres to her death in front of a stunned Las Vegas audience was still wearing her safety harness when she hit the ground, according to reports.
Elena Gil admits she is an addict. “It started when I was kid,” she says.
An Australian quadriplegic who won the right to refuse food and water died Monday of an upper respiratory infection, his brother and a right-to-die advocate said.
The recession is a good excuse for employers to introduce a pay freeze, but what if you think your hard work deserves greater financial reward? Four experts share their tips for getting a pay raise during the downturn.
The bountiful harvest of California strawberries, melons, grapes, peaches and nectarines overflows the nation’s summer tables.
Strontium sulfide, a material that can emit corrosive gases in moist air, was found at trace levels in testing of Chinese-made drywall, the Florida Department of Health said. The drywall samples gave off a sulfurous odor when heated, and in at least one case, sulfide gases corroded copper coils in an air conditioner of a Florida home containing Chinese drywall, said the department, which commissioned the study.