George Michael won’t face criminal charges for falling out of a moving vehicle in England last month.
The 49-year-old singer sent motorists swerving when he suddenly tumbled from the Range Rover he was a passenger in on the busy M1 motorway near St. Albans on May 16.
He was flown to hospital by helicopter, only narrowly escaping oncoming traffic on the busy motorway.
Failing to have a seatbelt fastened is a traffic offence in the city.
According to UK newspaper The Mirror, Michael will not face any serious charges or traffic fines relating to the incident.
The outlet reports Michael and other witnesses have given their statements to police and the case is now closed.
“All witnesses have been spoken to and no further action will be taken,” a spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police said.
Michael suffered head injuries, cuts and bruises in the incident.
He was under watch in a London hospital for two weeks but has since been released.
There has been intense speculation about how the star ended up on the road with some suggesting it was a suicide attempt.
A source told The Mirror last month such rumours are “absurd”.
“There is no mystery – he was just trying to shut the door. George has been perfectly happy and is in a great place. To insinuate that he threw himself out of the car is absurd,” the insider said.
The accident marks the latest in a string of health woes for the star, who had to cancel shows due to pneumonia and put more concerts on hold as he battled severe anxiety last year.
– Cover Media