AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has told Kaka that he must decide on his reported $92 million move to Real Madrid on Monday.
The Serie A club’s owner revealed on Italian television station Rai that he would meet with the Brazil playmaker at the start of next week in order to thrash out the former World Player of the Year’s future. “I will speak on Monday probably,” Berlusconi said on Wednesday night’s Porta a Porta program. “On Monday you will all know the decision that has been taken. And to add, we will talk when we have a definite decision. Catch up on the latest football transfer gossip. “At the moment there is no decision. On Monday I will meet with Kaka, and then we shall see. Putting aside the great friendship [with Kaka], the negotiations are in the hands of Kaka’s father, he is the one who will decide. “[If Kaka goes] we still have a certain Ronaldinho.” Earlier on Wednesday, Milan denied a Spanish radio station’s report claiming that a deal had already been sealed following a meeting between the Italian club’s general manager Adriano Galliani and new Real president Florentino Perez.
Pellegrini unveiled as Real boss
Kaka rules out move to Real Madrid
Kaka and Beckham inspire AC Milan
Goalmouth blog: Kaka set for Real
Milan’s official Web site denied the report, saying that Galliani had visited Madrid purely for a special dinner in honor of Perez, who won the recent club presidential elections. Galliani has been quoted on the Web site saying he wanted the club to keep the 27-year-old. “About the Kaka issue, from January nothing has changed, the only offer there was arrived in January by Manchester City, but at the moment there are no offers, but only declarations of interest,” he said. Kaka’s potential move to the Bernabeu seems more likely after English big-spenders Chelsea denied reports that they had renewed their interest in the player. A statement on the club’s official Web site read: “We have never made an offer to AC Milan for Kaka and therefore not one at this extraordinary level. “As a consequence we have not discussed a salary with the player either. Any reports to the contrary are totally untrue.” However, the Londoners have now reportedly switched their attention to AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato, according to British newspaper the Daily Express, and have made an improved bid of $62 million for the 19-year-old. Galliani also sounded a note of warning over the loss of star players from Serie A to the bigger spending clubs in Spain and England. “I might sound boring, but today no one even dares to think that players like Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo can come to Italy,” he said. “If we don’t solve these problems, we will not have the Kakas, Patos and Ibrahimovics anymore. If we go forward like this, with these stadiums, we will become a small league.” Kaka is currently in Brazil with the national team ahead of a World Cup qualifier against Uruguay, and on Tuesday had appeared to rule out a move from Italy’s Serie A. “I’ll say it for the last time. The last time. I don’t want to leave Milan,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport. “In this period I prefer to remain silent because I don’t want to be misunderstood. Or, worse still, to be used. “To the millions of Milan supporters, I say that I have made my choice. I have said what I want to stay. Leave me in peace, please.” Last January, Kaka rejected a move to Premier League Manchester City who were prepared to pay him a reported $750,000 per week. Kaka’s former coach at Milan, Carlo Ancelotti, was on Monday appointed manager at Chelsea.